Sunday 12 April 2015

This life is a battle and it's one worth fighting for......

It seems life has just become one busy rollercoaster ride going 120 kilometres per hour and I'm just hanging on. Balancing study, life and other priorities, blogging has unfortunately been something that's been left to the side. I wish I could write more and more, but being a full time student studying 2 courses, it's a little bit of a struggle. Yet I'm trying my best...
As I sit here at my kitchen table, I feel an excitement about blogging again. I've missed it! I've missed being able to connect to those who read and write what God has placed on my heart.
So lets begin.....



 

Ephesians 6:10-18 (NIV)

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

The enemy knows when we keep our focus on ourselves we can focus on those around us and more importantly, God. When we are to fixed on what's going on in our lives and what we may be struggling with, the enemy uses that has his opportunity to take glory from God. He know that when we are unhappy with whatever it is in our lives, we become very single minded. Whether that's relationship wise, insecurities, financial or whatever it may be. Satan uses that to bring down Gods work, to bring down glory and honor that's all for God. Satan brings one worry at a time, trying to take focus off from God on to ourselves.

I encourage you to take a moment now to find the places where Satan has been trying to steal your joy. As it's not flesh and blood we battle against but what is going on spiritually. Praying into situations is so important, but the most important thing is not taking God off the throne. Whenever you may be struggle with things, always speak out truth and thankfulness.   My Great Grandpa would always say "through everything, always be thankful". It's true! Being thankful focuses our eyes on God! This life is a battle and it's one worth fighting for when it's with God.

God Bless,
Sara-Jayne

No comments :

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment it seriously makes my day!! :D I'll get back to you as soon as I can!!! Sara-Jayne <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...