Thursday 9 January 2014

The Best Carrot Cake EVER... And it's healthy!

Morning Beautiful people!!

For those that Don't know... I'm sugar free. In other words, I stay away from sugar and will only eat natural sugar such as honey. 

Recently I've been feeling like carrot cake (haha.. Funny how that happens), so I decided to try and come up with a recipe using on of my old recipes and replacing it with healthy natural ingredients.

I've been a little hesitant when it comes to cooking something 'healthy' as I've tried many recipes with all natural ingredients and many have failed. But that hasn't stopped me from trying! Instead I've been able to learn more about coconut oil, honey in baking etc.

So since my family can be a fussy audience (sometimes), I've been trying to find recipes that they like.... And this one has become a family approved!

So enjoy this recipe and sorry I don't have many photos. I didn't get the opportunity to take many as the cake went quickly.... Proves it was good!! :)



Carrot Cake (refined sugar free)

Ingredients
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp cinnamon (a bit more if you wish)
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 3/4 cup no added sugar apple sauce
  • ½ - 3/4 cups honey
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 cups finely grated carrots
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (Australian).
  2. Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
  3. Add the melted apple sauce, honey, and eggs in to the bowl and mix well.
  4. Fold in the carrots and walnuts.
  5. Bake in 2 greased 9-in round cake pans for 30-40 minutes or until is cooked through.
  6. Remove from the oven and allow the cakes to cool  before removing from the pans. When cooled ice with cream cheese frosting.


Hope you all enjoy and If you make it let me know!!!
God bless!!
Sara-Jayne xx



No comments :

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment it seriously makes my day!! :D I'll get back to you as soon as I can!!! Sara-Jayne <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...