Thursday 27 November 2014

I heart Philippines

Wow its been awhile since I've posted on my blog. Oh I've missed you guys!!
So if you haven't figured out now, I'm actually not in India anymore.  Nope! I'm now in the Philippines.  "Say what Sara?!? When did this happen?" 

Haha... Well... it's now been about a week and half being here at the YWAM base here in Manila.
The Philippines is so beautiful.  The people,  the weather and the food. It's just all so amazing. I'm loving it here! The children are adorable. As we walk down the street kids come running up to us wanting to just talk and play with us.

Children waiting for their food. 
We do a lot of ministry at smoky Mountain. Which is a big slum with houses on top of a dump. The slums were also cleared to make housing for 30,000 people that make their living from picking through landfill's rubbish. 

We also been working with children and mothers who live there in their one room small apartment. During the day, twice a week we have been able to run a mothers bible study. We've been working with many children such as children services and feeding programs. 



"I'm loving every moment of being here!"


At the end of this week we are taking a 8 hour bus ride to San Fernando to continue our ministry.  This will be our last place before heading back to Australia.  Goodness gracious,  it's gone quickly!!!

On our days off we've been able to see the rest of Manila.  The city is beautiful with markets on every Sunday,  which most of you know markets are my absolute favourite.

Trying the food would have to be my favourite experience,  especially in a new country. I mean, who doesn't like magical flavours jumping all around in your mouth?? There food is so colourful here and even though it may look like the strangest thing I have ever seen, It always tastes delicious.

I'm so sad about leaving Manila as my heart has grown so much towards this place,  but I'm also excited to see how God is going to move in San Fernando.

Please keep my team in your prayers as we spend our last two weeks of outreach here in the Philippines.  Pray for protection,  health and that God will really use us to touch people's lives.

Remember God made you different to be a difference!

God bless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment it seriously makes my day!! :D I'll get back to you as soon as I can!!! Sara-Jayne <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...