Wednesday 14 May 2014

I can't be free from this storm inside of me... #perspective




If you have seen the movie Frozen, which I know many of you probably have.... You will know the story of Elsa. And for those that don't know, Elsa has powers to bring snow/winter. But she fears her powers because she knows the can bring destruction and she doesn't know how to control her powers.  She continues to live in fear. Trying to 'control' her life, her situation.  Hiding and living in fear. Believing no matter what she can't be free!

(This photo does not belong to me)
"I can't be free! Never escape from this storm inside of me." ~ Elsa

Above is a line from one of the songs in the movie that explains how she feels. Feelings of being trapped, lost and believes she will never be able to escape or control the curse.

We can look at our struggles in life, or problems, our battle and even our sin. We can see it as bondage of never being set free. But Jesus came so that you may be set free! John 8:34-36 says:

Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave of sin. A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever. So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free..." 

So why do we look at our life and think we will never be set free?

I've even looked at my battles in my life and seen it as something as this constant battle in which I would never be set free. It was as if this feeling of being trapped and worn out was because I was trying to fight this battle on my own. I became tired of thinking that this was only a season which would eventually past. So I started seeing this problem as something that was never going to leave!

I was looking at the problem, like Elsa did, instead of believe and seeing my situation in the eyes of God. Letting Him take over! It's all about perspective! Are you going to look through the eyes of the world or look through the eyes of The Creator. The Almighty One, The Beginning and The End! He knows the plans he has for you life (Jeremiah 29:11) and he holds the whole world together!! Don't you know if he can do all that, he can help you get through your struggles also!!! Believing and knowing you have been set free, you have all authority and you are healed!


But He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.




No matter what your going through. No matter what your struggles are and the battle you may be facing. Know you are healed! Change your perspective and pray! Prayer is so powerful! I believe things start to shift when you pray and step out in faith.


God bless,
Sara-Jayne

No comments :

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment it seriously makes my day!! :D I'll get back to you as soon as I can!!! Sara-Jayne <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...