Thursday 8 May 2014

I don't want to waste my life!!!


This morning I opened up to the book of Luke. It's amazing what you find in there! I read chapter 16 and verses 19-31 really got my attention! Read it for yourself!?! The whole book of Luke in fact.... :) haha... It made me think for the rest of the day!

It's Jesus telling a Parable about a rich man and Lazarus. About how this rich man lived his life for money, for worldly possessions and lived for himself and not for God. I read it thinking about the times I've put other things before God. And what a waste of time that was!!  I don't want to waste my life focusing or obsessing over things that are not going to get me into the kingdom of God. I want to be doing what God want's me to do, not what my worldly desires want.

I'm not here for earthly things but here to follow the call God has put on my life on this earth! I'm living to follow him, to be His disciple and go out and make disciples (Matthew 28:19).




In other words I don't want to find out one day that I 'thought' I was going to heaven and I 'thought' I was a so called 'christian'. Where I was just living my life for my selfish desires... I want Jesus to look at me and say "Well done good and faithful servant'.

I don't want to be a fan of Jesus but a follower!! Someone who commits their life and surrenders it all to Jesus! Listening and walking out the calling He has placed over my life! I choose to keep God as my number one over every part of my life!

“In fact, it's true throughout all of Scripture....Following Jesus isn't something you can do at night where no one notices. It's a twenty-four-hour-a-day commitment that will interfere with your life....”

God bless!
Sara-Jayne

No comments :

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment it seriously makes my day!! :D I'll get back to you as soon as I can!!! Sara-Jayne <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...