Monday 5 May 2014

Your Words are Powerful!


God has really been speaking to me about listening to Him on what he says about me. I came to a place where I felt lost, confused, tired, ugly, fat and so on.... I felt like the enemy was attacking my identity.  




You see it just started with me waking up one morning and feeling so flat, tired and for some reason heavy, like there was a weight on my shoulder. I felt so tired even though I wasn't.

I went to my mum and said “Oh... I don’t feel really pretty today”. Because I just didn't! I didn't know why or what was wrong with me. And it was as if those words that I spoke out had all of a sudden let my door open just a little to allow the enemy’s thoughts in and settle.

 'The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.'

Our words are powerful! They can create our atmosphere! And you have the choice on what to say, either speaking words of positivity or negativity; life or death. 

By me speaking out "I'm not 'feeling' pretty" was really me saying "I'm listening to my feelings and I'm not pretty at all". No matter what I'm feeling, feelings aren't always what we should listen too. Because if we read our bible or prayed every time we 'felt' like it. We probably wouldn't!

Really in that time I should have said "Sure I don't feel pretty, but I know I am because God made me and I am fearfully and wonderfully made". 

'Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity.'

So guard your mouth and be careful what you speak out! For the tongue is powerful! Read the bible and see what God wants to say to you!

I've taught myself that whenever I feel down in the dumps, to speak out words of life. Looking in the mirror, telling myself that I am beautiful, funny, smart, loved and perfect the way I am. It's my choice to either listen to what God says about me or what the enemy is trying to tell me.

You are beautiful! You are funny! You are smart! You are clever! You are loved! You have worth and absolutely drop dead gorgeous! Choose to speak that out!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment it seriously makes my day!! :D I'll get back to you as soon as I can!!! Sara-Jayne <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...